Online TSI Test Prep
Some colleges or universities that you are applying to may require you complete the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSI Assessment). Suprex Learning now offers Online TSI Prep so that you can prepare anywhere, anytime, and at your convenience. Our Online TSI Prep is here to help familiarize you with the test questions, as well as the test format, while improving your performance. The Online TSI Test prep instructors may use traditional lectures or active learning methods to cover topics on the TSI, and effective test strategies to boost your confidence in tackling test questions.
Our TSI Test Prep includes a practice workbook, practice TSI exam(s), and lessons with a certified instructor. Upon enrolling in our Online TSI Test Prep, we will ask you to take Suprex Learning’s diagnostic TSI Prep exam to assess your strengths and weaknesses. Then you and your TSI test prep instructor will analyze the results and create a personalized test prep plan that concentrates on your specific areas. Your instructor will gauge your academic progress with practice exams, which are given at the halfway point of the test prep course and at the end.
Best Online TSI Test Prep Tutors
Our Online TSI tutors aim to help you master the assessed math topics, strategically read passages, and prepare you to write a succinct essay. As you cover each topic, your TSI tutor will document your work and provide updates on your progress, so that you still receive the best TSI Test Prep experience, despite not being physically present.
The TSI Test Prep course plan is based on your performance on the diagnostic TSI Prep exam: areas with lower scores are targeted for improvement. From there, the lessons will be planned and structured accordingly. Topics with performance below 80% will need prompt attention, whereas topics with performance above 80% are considered for later explanation. During your sessions, your Online TSI Test Prep Tutor may explain various techniques on how to approach questions and the logic behind each answer choice. In addition, your tutor may use online questions and practice from the TSI Test Prep book during lessons. Additional homework may be assigned to give you more practice on the test question style and reinforce the strategies and content learned. Our Online TSI Test Prep Tutors strive to do their best in addressing all the TSI topics within the time frame before your actual test.
Here are examples of techniques your Online TSI Test Prep Tutor may employ:
- Essay Essentials: the four-step writing process, stressing voice and content over perfect grammar, and avoiding common writing mistakes
- Reading Comprehension Time Management: the Builder Method (questions first, then passage) and the Test Prep Method (passage first, then questions)
- Sentence Completion Tips and Tricks: breaking down tough sentences and working around unfamiliar vocabulary
- Synonym Processes: the three-step method, avoiding test traps, and working around difficult vocabulary
- Vocabulary: memorizing word roots and prefixes or suffixes
- Time management
Private TSI Test Prep Tutoring
In TSI tutoring, we will prepare you for the TSI sections following the subtopics below. These subtopics are dependent upon your schedule to prepare for the TSI test.
TSI Test Prep Math
- Linear equations, inequalities and systems
- Algebraic expressions and equations
- Word problems and applications
- Quadratic and other polynomial expressions, equations and functions
- Expressions, equations and functions involving powers, roots and radicals
- Rational and exponential expressions, equations and functions
- Plane geometry
- Transformations and symmetry
- Linear, area and 3D measurements
- Interpreting categorical and quantitative data
- Statistical measures
- Probabilistic reasoning
TSI Test Prep Reading
- Identifying and analyzing ideas in and elements of literary texts
- Identifying the main idea of a passage
- Comprehending explicit textual information in a passage
- Synthesizing ideas by making a connection or comparison between 2 passages
- Making inferences about single passages
- Identifying author’s purpose, tone and organization or rhetorical strategies and use of evidence
- Determining the meaning of words in context
TSI Test Prep Writing
- Coherence, organization and word choice.
- Rhetorical effectiveness and use of evidence
- Subject-verb agreement
- Pronoun agreement
- Verb tense
- Comma splices and run-on sentences
- Improper punctuation
- Fragments and parallelism
- Subordination and coordination
- Correct placement of modifying phrase and clauses
- The use of logical transitions
TSI Test Overview
The TSI test is an assessment of your preparedness for college-level courses. The TSI test contains a series of multiple-choice questions that gauges your understanding of verbal and mathematical concepts, as well as a writing sample.
The TSI is divided into 4 sections:
- Mathematics Assessment – 20 Multiple-Choice Questions
- Reading Assessment – 24 Multiple-Choice Questions
- Writing Assessment – 20 Multiple-Choice Questions
- Essay Section – 1 Essay Question
College Board has some TSI sample questions available: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/sites/default/files/accuplacer-texas-success-initiative-assessment-sample-questions.pdf